An outpatient facility in Missouri is seeking a permanent Ultrasound Technologist to join their Medical Imaging team. Must be proficient in routine procedures in the radiology department. General Ultrasound work includes chest, extremities, and headwork (skull & sinuses) radiographic exams
The Ultrasound Technologist will perform a variety of technical tasks involved in operating Ultrasound equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body.
- Adjust equipment for proper radiographic exposure technique in accordance with radiation safety guidelines.
- Position patients for each anatomical view using necessary immobilization and protective equipment.
- Accurately process images for optimal quality and match with appropriate paperwork for interpretation
This facility offers competitive employee compensation and benefits package and a team-oriented work environment with state-of-the-art equipment & technology.
Basic Job Description
- Perform ultrasound procedures on patients of all ages, according to established standards, policies, procedures, protocols.
- Maintain excellent guest relations rapport with patients, visitors, physicians, and fellow employees.
- Monitor the condition of equipment and supplies to ensure safe and efficient operations of the department.
- Ensure proper recording and transmission of patient information.
- Maintain technical skills relating to imaging factors.
- 2 years AAS degree
- Certification by the American Registry of Radiology Technology (ARRT)
- Degree in Sonography or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Ultrasound Technologist.
- Able to Work autonomously and efficiently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Great interpersonal skills and team working abilities.
- Must be flexible, reliable and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative.
- Demonstrates exceptional patient service skills.
If you are interested in this great job opportunity, please apply now or contact us for more information.