A healthcare facility in Queens, NY is seeking an Ultrasound Technologist to join their Medical Imaging Team to perform diagnostic ultrasound procedures utilizing appropriate technical factors, clinical protocols, and safety measures.
This facility offers competitive employee compensation and benefits package and a team-oriented work environment.
Essential Duties of the Ultrasound Technologist
- Prepare patients for procedures by taking a patient’s history and answering any questions about the procedure
- Prepare and maintain diagnostic imaging equipment
- Operate equipment to obtain diagnostic images or conduct tests
- Analyze the images or test results to check for quality and adequate coverage of the areas needed for diagnoses
- Recognize the difference between normal and abnormal images and other diagnostic information
- Analyze diagnostic information to provide a summary of findings for physicians
- Record findings to update patient’s records.
- Graduated of a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program
- Active Registry by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
- Minimum of 2 years in General/OB/GYN/ High-Risk ultrasound experience required.
- Able to Work autonomously and efficiently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Great interpersonal skills and team working abilities.
- Must be flexible, reliable and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative.
- Proficient in the use of computers and related software applications.
- Demonstrates exceptional patient care skills.
If you are interested in this great job opportunity, please apply now or contact us for more information.