Job Number: 10975
Job DescriptionA small medical center in New York is in need of a Radiation Therapist for a two months locum assignment, 20 to 25 patients per day, Varian Mosaiq.
This is a Locum position planning and ensuring safe and accurate treatment of Radiation Oncology patients
Basic Job description
- Reviewing prescription and diagnosis
- Preparing equipment, such as immobilization, treatment, and protection devices.
- Explain treatment procedures to patients and/or family members and respond effectively to patient concerns.
- Deliver radiation treatment according to written prescriptions and treatment plans, putting patient safety first.
- Assuring the quality of treatment delivery through the complete and accurate documentation of treatment records
- Assisting as needed in all treatment-related procedures
- Performing and documenting daily and weekly QA activity for assigned equipment.
- Graduated from a Radiologic Technology accredited program.
- Certification and registration in Radiation Therapy by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Must have experience on a Varian Truebeam linear accelerator, and/or and Varian Edge Linear accelerator OBI, Cone-beam, respiratory gating technology
- 3 years of experience Varian-Mosaiq
Benefits of working with Mission Search on locum assignments*
- Exceptional compensation
- Fully Paid Travel and Lodging
- Per Diem Allowances
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Online Access to Your Payroll Account
- Health Insurance, Including Dental and Vision Options
- AD&D and Life Insurance Options
- 401-K After One-Year.