Job Number: 11033
Job DescriptionA healthcare facility in New York is seeking a Medical Physicist to join its Radiation Oncology team. In order to provide the most compassionate and innovative care possible, this facility brings together state-of-the-art technology and an exceptional team of health care professionals in a family oriented community.
The chosen candidate will assist in all aspects of clinical radiation physics, including quality assurance, radiation safety, treatment planning verification and implementation of new modalities. In this role, will perform necessary physics support for all aspects of Medical Physics like weekly chart checks, periodic radiation equipment checks (weekly, monthly, yearly), QC/QA checks and calibrations. • Performs radiation safety surveys, radioactive material surveys, and radioactive material inventories. Consults with physicians.
- MS degree in Physics.
- ABR certification and license.
- 3 years of experience as a Medical Physicist.
- Able to work autonomously and efficiently.
- Professionally mature and energetic individual.
- Must be flexible, reliable and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative.