Job Number: 10577
Job DescriptionA hospital in Massachusetts is seeking a Medical Physicist to join their Radiation Oncology team. This is a permanent position planning and ensuring safe and accurate treatment of Radiation Oncology patients.
This facility provides competitive salaries and benefits and a great working environment with state-of-the-art equipment & technology.
Medical Physicist Job Description
- Performing IMRT specific QA on Tomotherapy and Varian 21iX machines.
- Generating appropriate DQA plans, Chart Checks; Supervise Dosimetry.
- Use their knowledge of physics to test and assess medical equipment and technology to help diagnose and treat cancer patients.
- Educate patients and other medical professionals about technical procedures.
Medical Physicist Requirements
- M.S. or PhD. in Medical Physics
- Board certification for medical physics from the ABR required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of clinical experience
- The ability to solve problems and research alternative solutions.
- Analytical skills and a logical inquisitive mind
- Able to Work autonomously and efficiently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Great interpersonal skills and team working abilities.
- Must be flexible, reliable and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative.