Job Number: 10793
Permanent Mammography Technologist position in New York, The technologist is responsible for digital x-rays, bone densitometry, and mammography procedures.Duties will include patient communication and preparation including removal of garments or jewelry that may interfere with the procedure and explaining how the process works. Properly position patients and set the equipment to obtain the best density, detail, and contrast of the area being imaged. Take preventative steps to avoid unnecessary exposure to radiation following the principle of ALARA.
- 2 year AAS degree
- ARRT certification and license
- 2 years of experience as Mammo Tech.
- Able to Work autonomously and efficiently.
- Must be flexible, reliable and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative.
- Demonstrates exceptional patient interaction skills.