Assistant Director of Nursing
Job Number: 11047
Job DescriptionMission Search has been retained to identify an Assistant Director of Nursing in a Senior Living Community (must be an RN.) The ADON role is to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the delivery of resident care, to provide for the development and evaluation of nursing personnel, and to maintain the operational aspects of the Skilled Nursing Unit on a 24-hour basis in collaboration with nursing administration.
The Skilled Nursing Unit Coordinator will assist in the planning, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing the day-to-day function of the Skilled Nursing Unit, in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern the long-term care facility.
- Assist the Director of Nursing Services in ensuring all SSL policies and procedures are followed by staff.
- Review, evaluate, and update resident care plans on an on-going basis.
- Participate in state surveys and inspections.
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and implementation of the facility’s Quality Assurance plan and attend various committee meetings as required.
- Oversee and evaluate staff performance and apply fair disciplinary action as required, while maintaining full documentation to support actions.
- Develop work assignments for the Staff Nurses and ancillary nursing personnel and delegate to the Nursing Staff the authority necessary to perform their assigned duties in accordance with their respective job descriptions.
- Assist the Director of Nursing Services in determining staff education needs and in the planning and presentation of staff education and orientation programs.
- Performs the job function of an Infection Preventionist and is responsible for the infection prevention and control program designed to provide a safe, sanitary and comfortable environment and to help prevent the development and transmission of communicable diseases and infections.
- Establish a system for preventing, identifying, reporting, investigating, and controlling infections and communicable diseases for all residents, staff, volunteers, visitors and other individuals providing services.
- Objectively complete performance appraisals and evaluations in a timely manner.
- Responsible for proper and accurate documentation and maintenance of resident medical records.
- RN Delaware licensed
- 4 years of experience.
- Must be able to understand written and oral instructions.
- Able to Work autonomously and efficiently.
- Have a self-motivated and confident approach.
- Professionally mature and energetic individual.
- Strong English oral and written communication skills.
- Great interpersonal skills and team working abilities.
- Proficient in the use of computers and job-related software applications.
- Must be able to utilize electronic medical records system.
- Must be flexible, reliable and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative.